Santa Maria Sun / News
The following articles were printed from Santa Maria Sun [santamariasun.com] - Volume 14, Issue 17
Community Notebook 7/4-7/11
MONDAY, JULY 8
• The Santa Maria City Block Grants Advisory Committee has its regular meeting at 5:30 p.m. in the City Hall Conference Room, 110 E. Cook St., Santa Maria.
TUESDAY, JULY 9
The Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors has its regular meeting at 9 a.m. in the Betteravia Government Center’s Board of Supervisors Hearing Room, 511 E. Lakeside Parkway, Ste. 141, Santa Maria. Agendas are available at http://santabarbara.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx#current.
• The Guadalupe City Council has its regular meeting at 6 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, City Hall, 918 Obispo St., Guadalupe.
• The Good Samaritan Shelter has its regular board meeting at 7 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church, 200 W. Cook St., Santa Maria.
• The Lompoc Unified School District has its board meeting at 5:30 p.m. at the Education Center Board Room, 1301 N. A St., Lompoc.
• The Lompoc Library Trustees have a regular meeting at 10 a.m. in the Lompoc Public Library Conference Room, 501 East North Ave., Lompoc.
• The Santa Maria Library Board has its regular meeting at 7 p.m. in the Library Conference Room, 420 S. Broadway, Santa Maria.
• The Santa Maria Recreation and Parks Commission has its regular meeting at 4 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, City Hall, 110 E. Cook St., Santa Maria.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 10
• The Santa Barbara County Planning Commission has its regular meeting at 9 a.m. at The Betteravia Government Center, 511 Lakeside Parkway, Santa Maria. The agenda is available at co.santa-barbara.ca.us.
• The Nipomo Community Services District has its regular meeting at 9 a.m. in the NCSD Boardroom at 148 S. Wilson St., Nipomo.
• The Lompoc Planning Commission has its regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. in the Lompoc City Hall Council Chambers, 100 Civic Center Plaza, Lompoc.
• The Santa Maria-Bonita School Board has its regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. in the District Board Room of the Souza Support Center, 708 S. Miller St., Santa Maria.
• The Santa Maria Joint Union High School Board has its regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. in the Support Services Center, 2560 Skyway Drive, Santa Maria.
THURSDAY, JULY 11
• The Guadalupe Union School Board has its regular meeting at 5:30 p.m. at Mary Buren Elementary School, 1050 Peralta St., Guadalupe.
• The Santa Maria Airport Board has its regular meeting at 7 p.m. in the airport boardroom in the administration building, 3217 Terminal Drive, Santa Maria.
Capps unlock: Congresswoman Lois Capps has announced that she'll retire at the end of her term as candidates begin vying for her seat Strawberries are 2014's top crop, but drought looms large Prominent Arroyo Grande resident accused of molestation The Wandering Madman, a mobile musician, brings homespun stylings to the Central Coast Cougars & Mustangs Lawsuits and legal judgments dog Eucasia Schools Worldwide and the Laureate School SLO County Supervisors pass ordinance to regulate the exportation of groundwater