Tuesday, March 20, 2018     Volume: 19, Issue: 2

Santa Maria Sun / News

The following article was posted on December 31st, 2013, in the Santa Maria Sun - Volume 14, Issue 43 [ Submit a Story ]
The following articles were printed from Santa Maria Sun [santamariasun.com] - Volume 14, Issue 43

A kitchen fire forces the Far Western Tavern to close over New Year's


Dinner was cut short Dec. 29 for patrons of the Far Western Tavern after a small kitchen fire prompted a restaurant evacuation.

Capt. David Sadecki with the Santa Barbara County Fire Department said firefighters contained the blaze, which started around 7:10 p.m., to the stove’s hood system and flue.

Diners were escorted out of the two-story building at 300 Clark Ave. in Orcutt. It’s uncertain whether they were able to finish their meals.

A post on the Far Western Tavern Facebook page said, “Unfortunately we had a small fire in our kitchen last night that has our restaurant closed for the next few days. We will send an update when we have a reopen date. Thanks for understanding and Happy New Year!”

A phone call made to General Manager Benjamin Chanler-Laurin wasn’t returned as of press time.

Weekly Poll
Did Lompoc City Councilmember Jim Mosby cross the line when he placed the "Fink Happens" poop emoji bumpersticker on the back of his truck?

No, it's free speech!
Yes, elected officials should act better.
The bumper sticker said what now?
Shit happens.

| Poll Results