Santa Maria Sun / Letter To The Editor
The following articles were printed from Santa Maria Sun [santamariasun.com] - Volume 13, Issue 12
Prosperity not socialism!Lompoc
Justin M. Ruhge
The pressing issues before us in the national elections for president are the same as we voters and taxpayers all face at the local levels. A shortage of jobs, less income, higher deficits, and more taxes are driving the selection of candidates in the up-and-coming local elections as at the national level.
Unless we as voters are committed to change direction from socialist programs of higher taxes and more government by selection of candidates that are dedicated to bring the local and nation scene back to stability, we can expect a continuing downward spiral for the state, county, and cities in the next term. Candidates who we think represent the philosophy of free enterprise and lower taxes and are dedicated drivers for future prosperity instead of more taxes and socialism are as follows:
• 24th Congressional District—Chris Mitchum
• 19th State Senate—Mike Stoker
• 35th Assembly District—“Katcho” Achadjian
• 3rd District County Supervisor—Steve Pappas
• 4th District County Supervisor—Joni Gray
• Proposition 28—NO. This proposition would extend term limits, not limit them.
• Proposition 29—NO. This proposition will increase taxes, promote socialism, and increase government bureaucracy.
On the fast track? Phillips 66 is looking to ship volatile Bakken crude oil through SLO County by train, but opposition efforts are gaining steam The great expander: Get an inside look at Cal Poly's research boom Pismo's Cliffs Resort faces two lawsuits Cougars & Mustangs: Relax, if you can Correction Police divvy up SLO Paso Robles settles wastewater fines